Aerial Lineman - Coax
Department: Fiber Services
Location: Duncan, SC, US.Start Your Application
Back To Listings
*** Exact location is TBD***
National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
To construct strand infrastructure and lash coaxial or fiber cables to strand.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operating bucket truck as well as other equipment related to aerial coax and fiber construction
- Understand how to proficiently set up the job (strand, cable, fiber and caddies)
- Understand clearances from the other utilities, ground, road, highway, sidewalk and non-pedestrian areas
- Knowledge and ability to properly frame poles according to industry specifications
- Ability to lash/over-lash single and multiple cable bundles of coaxial and fiber cables
- Ability to read and interpret network prints
- Ability to prepare coaxial cables and properly install coaxial connectors to coaxial network active and passive components
- Ability to activate coaxial network power supplies
- Ability to activate, align, test and troubleshoot coaxial network active components
- Ability to safely climb poles using gaffs or ladders
- Understand and follow OSHA safety requirements to complete the job(s) safely and efficiently
- Communicate by phone frequently throughout the work day
- Follow direction(s) specifically delivered from crew leader
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- Previous experience in a construction environment preferred
- Must be able to meet physical requirement of the position
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
This is a full time position and is eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life InsuranceStart Your Application
What is an Aerial Lineman?
An aerial lineman is responsible for constructing strand infrastructure and securing fiber optic cables to it. Essentially, they’re the people climbing up utility poles up to twenty-five feet in the air and hanging cable bundles over them.