National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
The Construction Coordinator will assist the Director of Operations with daily tasks required for the operation and management of the Construction team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate basic construction projects for building, repairing and maintaining HFC networks
- Input data reports on an Excel platform.
- Complete bill of materials, cost estimates (PO and CPR) and other materials needed for approved planned construction for line extensions, rebuilds, reworks, or other projects.
- Ensure map databases are updated with any system changes per company design specifications.
- Prepare system maps and/or print packages for distribution.
- Coordinate permitting and make ready process.
- Communicate with designated supervisor regarding concerns about construction progress.
- Tracks all activity for construction and reports accordingly.
- Works with leadership to manage and track material receipt and issuance
- Respond to customer concerns.
- Perform emergency locates as necessary.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policies.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manger
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.. 32 ft. high and 90 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to read general system layouts from blueprints
- Ability to operate appropriate computer
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
While performing some duties, the employee will work primarily in an office setting. However, there may be times that will require the employee to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
This is a full time position and the candidate will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.Start Your Application