National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
The QA Inspector will assist the Construction Manager with daily tasks required for QA inspection, remediations and documentation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performs Quality Assurance inspections of completed FTTH plant in a timely manner
- Documents all issues with work quality
- Works with Construction Manager to upload QA forms and lists of discrepancies to document archive software
- Communicates all issues effectively and in a timely manner
- Performs re-inspection of any discrepancies discovered in initial inspection
- Works with Construction Manager to ensure that all team members understand and follow company construction specifications
- Responds to member's concerns when necessary
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policies
- Perform other duties as requested
- 6 months - 1 year of experience in Construction/Fiber Services or Related Field
- High School Diploma required
- Knowledge of standard aerial and underground fiber plant specifications and standards
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees and customers in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straightforward, and professional manner
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 32 ft. high and 90 pounds)
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to operate appropriate computer
While performing some duties, the employee will work primarily in an office setting. However, there may be times that will require the employee to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
This is a full time position and will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and 401K Plan.
Start Your Application