National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
NATIONAL OnDemand is looking for a highly motivated, experienced field operations manager in the telecommunications industry. This position will have a focus on cable installations in the greater XXX region.
Field Operations Manager is responsible for the execution, and performance of our field operations. This position will have oversight of our Field Operations Supervisors, and Field Technicians. Manager will work in accordance with the organizations office policies and procedures, keeping in mind the overall core values of our company National OnDemand, Inc.
Duties and responsibilities
- Represent the company and attend client's meetings with Regional Manager and maintain a great relationship with clients.
- Drive profitability by optimizing profits and controlling expenses.
- Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for field team.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, retention and training needs for field staff.
- Builds and maintains an effective field operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction.
- Supervise performance of field staff and responds to escalated issues in field.
- Communicate senior management directives to field staff and ensure compliance (Safety, etc.)
- Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure workload coverage.
- Site Visits to ensure QC of various projects; ensure conformance to client specifications and company requirements.
- Follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives resolution.
- Onsite support & guidance for newer technical staff.
- Serves as safety champion for our company.
- Other duties as required or as assigned by leadership.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of leadership experience
- Possession of valid state issued driver's license required.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of experience in a related discipline.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills fostering an inclusive, supportive environment by motivating and developing staff at all levels.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, including the capacity to identify, assess and prioritize competing interests and needs.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change.
- Ability to coordinate and integrate work across multiple disciplines, complete scheduling, and resource planning activities to drive efficient work processes, identify and manage all operational risks, and enhance customer communication and satisfaction.
- Experience managing multiple locations and leading cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Word)
- Ability to travel to jobsites as needed (overnight travel maybe required for work at remote site projects, meetings, and/or training)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Possess excellent verbal, written communication, and follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Experience with Business and Residential installations to include FTTP/FTTH services
While performing some duties, the employee will work both in an office setting and field. There may be times that position will be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. The employee may be required to travel within the United States up to 25% of the time and may be required to stay away from home up to 7 days at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
Field Operations Supervisor
Field Operations Manager will be issued company credit card, vehicle equipped with fuel card and any tools that may be required to complete requirements of the position. Field Operations Managers are full time, salaried employees
All Full time employees have access to our benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid time off and 401kStart Your Application