Aerial Lineman Trainee
Department: Fiber Services
Location: Danville, KY, US.Start Your Application
Back To Listings
National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth..
Training to become an Aerial Lineman will last 6 weeks. The first half will be in the classroom and the pole yard. The second half of training will be out in the field and hands on training. The objective of the Lineman Training Program is to provide an opportunity for students to embark on a meaningful and rewarding career in the Telecommunications industry with NATIONAL OnDemand.
What you will learn during training:
- Operating bucket truck as well as other equipment related to aerial fiber construction
- Understand how to proficiently set up the job (strand trailer, fiber trailer and caddies)
- Understand clearances from the other utilities, ground, road, highway, sidewalk and non-pedestrian areas
- Knowledge and ability to properly frame poles according to industry specifications
- Lash/over-lash single and multiple cable bundles of fiber cables
- Read and interpret network prints
- Safely climb poles using gaffs or ladders
- Understand and follow OSHA safety requirements to complete the job(s) safely and efficiently
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Working outdoors in unpredictable weather highly preferred
- Previous job experience in a physically demanding position
- Must be able to meet physical requirement of the position
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
This is a full time position and as such will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K
Start Your Application
What is an Aerial Lineman?
An aerial lineman is responsible for constructing strand infrastructure and securing fiber optic cables to it. Essentially, they’re the people climbing up utility poles up to twenty-five feet in the air and hanging cable bundles over them.