** Exact location is TBD. Will oversee project in the outskirts of Kansas City**
National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth..
The Director of Operations - Construction Services is a critical leadership role that oversees Outside Plant Construction and Delivery for National OnDemand. This position engages with team to ensure quality installation and upgrades of the Outside Plant Network.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leads a centralized Construction Planning and Delivery organization to include full-time and contract employees, outsourced vendor partners, inspection and quality control of work performed by Contract labor in a direct and matrixed management environment.
- Build and maintain relationships within the Construction community, as well as market-level OSP Construction personnel.
- Work with National OnDemand to support new business opportunities.
- Ensures accuracy, timeliness, and consistency of the accounting for project scheduling, project status reporting and budgetary governance.
- Optimize the existing OSP infrastructure to support a positive customer experience.
- Drives the development of consistent execution of operationally efficient and effective processes.
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements for leaders to make proper decisions.
- Own the analysis and management of key performance indicators and service level agreements for National's Construction activities and proactively take actions to improve performance as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a commitment to outstanding customer service to National's business operations.
- Understands customers needs while developing and executing plans to address them and improve the overall customer experience.
- Develop, implement and monitor proper project status reporting and establish internal controls as well as key operational management controls.
- Builds and enhances a strong team that provides proactive support and results-driven execution of responsibilities to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Monitors and assesses current trends and emerging developments within the Telecommunications industry to ensure the Company's compliance and preparedness.
- Remains abreast of best practices and trends relevant to Fiber/Network Construction and Design technologies.
- Manages and coaches' employees to increase engagement and strengthen professional development.
- Continually strives to develop talent within the Construction organization to promote individual development and career growth.
- Perform related duties & responsibilities as assigned/requested.
- 10 or more years of experience in related field (i.e., Construction, Fiber, and Telecommunications)
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends and developments within the construction field and corresponding impact on business operations.
- Leadership and strategic management skills to develop, coach, and direct the performance of a team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills fostering an inclusive, supportive environment by motivating and developing staff at all levels.
- Executive presence with which to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing to convey complex concepts clearly and logically.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, including the capacity to identify, assess and prioritize competing interests and needs.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Preferred: BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, Engineering)
- Preferred: 10+ years of management and leadership experience at the director and/or executive levels developing Network upgrade and build strategies in a telecommunications business environment preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver's license Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
While performing some duties, the employee will work primarily in an office setting. However, there may be times that will require the employee to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. The employee may be required to travel within the United States up to 50% of the time and may be required to stay away from home up to 14 days at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Regional Construction Manager
- Construction Administrator
- Quality Assurance Coordinator
- Warehouse Coordinator
- Safety Coordinator
- Construction Coordinator