National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
The Regional Construction Manager is a critical leadership role that oversees Outside Plant Construction and Delivery for National OnDemand. This position engages with team to ensure quality installation and upgrades of the fiber network.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing assigned projects including scheduling, reporting, customer facing, and vendor management.
- Maintain project documentation and reporting.
- Manage the project schedule to ensure the pr0ject milestones and deadlines are met.
- Problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the client's construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Make regular trips to sites during constructions including: bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeouts. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
- Helps to ensure that subcontractor billing is entered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Helps to ensure that customer invoicing is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Lead weekly meetings with the client and project team.
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Telecommunications industry construction experience.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills fostering an inclusive, supportive environment by motivating and developing staff at all levels.
- Skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing to convey complex concepts clearly and logically.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, including the capacity to identify, assess and prioritize competing interests and needs.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Ability to coordinate and integrate work across multiple disciplines, complete scheduling and resource planning activities to drive efficient work processes, identify and manage all project risks, and enhance customer communication and satisfaction.
- Experience managing multiple projects and leading cross-functional teams.
- Project Management experience with budgeting, scheduling and planning required.
- Preferred: BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, Engineering)
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
While performing some duties, the employee will work primarily in an office setting. However, there may be times that will require the employee to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. The employee may be required to travel within the United States up to 50% of the time and may be required to stay away from home up to 14 days at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
- Aerial Supervisor
- Underground Supervisor
This is a full time, salaried position that will include a company vehicle and fuel card. All full time employees are also eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance.Start Your Application