National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
To assist underground placement crew members by working on the ground, handing tools and heavy materials to workers. To dig holes and pad ditches, and to perform other similar work in connection with the construction and maintenance of underground fiber lines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Uses shovels and other excavating tools to dig and refill bore pits, expose other utilities and restore excavated ground
- Passes tools to line crew or network crew members by acting as a general helper on the ground.
- Handles cables, conduit and other materials as directed. Glues conduits together.
- Clears undergrowth from right-of-way by using hand tools or saws. Piles debris to clear path. Performs general clean-up of job sites following completion of work.
- Positions reels of fiber on fiber trailers beside trenches.
- Flags traffic to protect employees and the public from injury.
- May drive 3/4-ton or 1-ton pickup truck to job site or to obtain supplies.
- Understand and follow OSHA safety requirements to complete the job(s) safely and efficiently
- Master the necessary techniques for restoration on job site on the public and privately-owned portion of the job(s)
- Communicate by phone frequently throughout the work day
- Follow direction(s) specifically delivered from crew leader
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- Previous experience in a construction environment preferred
- Must be able to meet physical requirement of the position
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
This is a full time position and will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include PTO, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and Employee Assistance Plan.Start Your Application