National OnDemand, Inc. is a company dedicated to providing OnDemand services Nationally, Anytime, Anywhere! Through the completion of multiple mergers, acquisitions and organic growth the company is continuing to grow rapidly across the country. There are 6 primary divisions of the company: Fiber Services, Construction Services, Structured Cabling Services, Home Services, Business Services, and Emergency Services. The various divisions of the company allow National OnDemand to provide full turnkey solutions to all customers.
To construct UG OSP facilities
Duties and responsibilities
- Operating large trac-plow (Vermeer XTS etc.), mini-excavator and other equipment to place UG plant facilities
- Understand how to proficiently lay out the job (equipment placement, reel trailer placement)
- Understand how to expose (pothole) other utilities
- Understand the utility locate process
- Ability to locate other utilities as needed
- Understand clearances from the other utilities, ground, road, highway, sidewalk and non-pedestrian areas
- Knowledge and ability to properly transport, handle and place conduits (rolled and stick)
- Knowledge and ability to properly transport fiber reels
- Knowledge and ability to properly install fiber cables in conduits
- Knowledge and ability to properly set and secure pedestals and vaults
- Ability to read and interpret network prints
- Understand and follow OSHA safety requirements to complete the job(s) safely and efficiently
- Report completed production on a daily basis.
- Follow direction(s) specifically delivered from crew leader
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience operating large trac-plow in a high production scenario
- Responsible for daily maintenance and documentation of maintenance activities
- Responsible for monthly detailed inspection and documentation
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- Must be able to meet physical requirement of the position
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other project sites in different states to assist with new project start up. Travel may be for up to a 14-day periodStart Your Application