Fiber Splicing Supervisor
Department: Construction Division
Location: Danville, KY, US.Start Your Application
Back To Listings
National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
The Fiber Splicing Supervisor is responsible for coordination, delegation, supervision and quality control of project fiber splicing, testing and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing field inspections of fiber placement and fiber splicing.
- Read and interpret fiber splice matrices
- Track daily production for fiber splicing to ensure project timeline is maintained.
- Assists Construction Manager in preparation of fiber splicing documentation and documentation deliverables
- Keep the Construction Manager updated on progress of project
- Evaluate Fiber Splicer's performance and provide coaching
- Responsible for workforce compliance with all safety regulations including all OSHA requirements
- Interact with subcontractors and field personnel regarding work completion and resolve conflicts when necessary
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and inventory control of all on-site equipment and tools
- Review and authorize daily work reports
- At times, may be required to perform work along with field personnel
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of fiber splicing.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of fiber testing and interpretation of testing results
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard fiber splicing and testing equipment
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and correct fiber splicing issues and faults
- Knowledge of outside plant safety procedures
- Ability to direct crews and communicate with teammates and customers
- Practical knowledge on Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Etc.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment, solve problems & make effective decisions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing some duties, the employee will work primarily in an office setting. However, there may be times that will require the employee to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. The employee may be required to travel within the United States up to 50% of the time and may be required to stay away from home up to 14 days at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
- In-House Fiber Splicers
This is a full time position and as such will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and 401K.Start Your Application