National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
The Underground Construction Supervisor is responsible for coordination, delegation, supervision and quality control of onsite work including responsibility for performance and productivity of all underground construction crews.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and lay-out work. Ensure project specific needs are acquired prior to work starting.
- White-line underground placement path
- Call in and coordinate utility locates
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems and obstacles to production
- Inspect work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies.
- Track and capture quantities completed on the project and review for accuracy.
- Identify safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Perform task planning to safely and efficiently carry out all aspects of that work assigned.
- Monitor quality of work and assure that correct construction procedures are followed, and that work follows the plans and specifications.
- Prepare and monitor the progress of the work accomplished relative to the production schedule
- Monitor productivity rates and review with crew
- Manage crews to ensure productivity requirements are maintained or exceeded.
- Ensure that equipment is correctly operated and maintained
- Assist manager with confirmation of subcontractor and in-house production billing
- Perform other job specific duties as requested by manager
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of all aspects of Underground/Utility CATV construction
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- Basic or working knowledge of the NESC
- Ability to use general math skills to derive at results, calculate and review figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, schedules, etc.
- Required minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures
- Understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise groups essential.
- Knowledge of outside plant safety procedures
- Ability to direct crews and communicate with teammates and customers
- Practical knowledge on Microsoft Office products to include: Word, Excel, Etc.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment, solve problems & make effective decisions
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. The employee may be required to travel within the United States up to 50% of the time and may be required to stay away from home up to 14 days at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other project sites in different states to assist with new project start up. Travel may be for up to a 14-day period.
- In-house underground crews
This is a full time position and this person will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401KStart Your Application