*This is a traveling position with no physical home office. Work will be completed in the Carolinas, centralized around the Greenville, SC area and extending within about a 100-mile radius*
National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
A Structure Cabling Technician's job entails building the infrastructure of all telecom networks, such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and Cable TV (CATV). Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and maintain video and data cables and copper and fiber cabling infrastructure as per BICSI and NEC standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Install and splice copper and fiber optic cables, such as CAT5, SE, CAT6, Coax, low voltage cables, and fiber to include terminations to BICSI standards.
- Able to perform multi story wallfish, firebreak drilling, and core drilling.
- Able to identify best pathways when required and installation of Panduit/conduit.
- Mount telecom equipment while adhering to best practices, industry standards and manufacturer requirements.
- Aid in arranging routers, hubs, install support structures, including racks, ladders, j-hooks, and switches to best practices, industry standards, and manufacturer requirements.
- Install access control systems and surveillance cameras.
- Maintain all documents related to cabling infrastructure.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of installations as needed.
- Manage and maintain exact inventory for parts, tools, and supplies.
- Work to complete necessary tasks as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least three (3) years of full-time experience as an installer or service technician
- Required to have had experience in the commercial and residential service and installation of:
- security, CCTV, and access control systems
- Working knowledge of the ANSI, TIA, EIA & BICSI cabling standards and the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Certifications and training in access control, video and intrusion systems, preferred.
- Must have basic computer and math skills
- Must have basic hand tools. We will provide specialized tools
- Must be willing to participate in emergency on-call rotations.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to stay overnight in hotels 2-3 nights per week if needed (accommodations provided by company)
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work independently or as a team player.
- Valid driver's license needed.
- Requires completion of background and MVR checks.