National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
NATIONAL OnDemand is seeking an experienced Warehouse Assistant. The Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for managing all aspects of daily warehouse activities. This position requires you to be a dedicated, dynamic, hands on warehouse professional with great reliability. A tremendous emphasis is placed on follow through and a positive, up-beat attitude. The ability to work effectively under pressure is a must.
- Ensure materials are accessible to carry out the receiving and distribution processes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Handle the accounting for, and inspection of materials upon receiving and ensure that materials were accurately shipped and delivered as ordered. This includes scanning in and out materials.
- Oversee the distribution of inventory, field assets, and fleet related reporting to the local technicians.
- Keep loss to a minimum
- Promote good housekeeping and uphold strict adherence to all safety policies
- Work closely with on-site Supervisors and Field Technicians
- Hours start at 6:30AM with flexibility to work some Saturdays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 1 to 3 years warehouse and inventory experience .
- Be a self-starter, able to manage themselves professionally at all times.
- Experience/knowledge of the cable / telecommunications industry highly preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license to drive company truck and pass DOT Medical exam
- Must be comfortable driving a 24 ft box truck. CDL is NOT required.
- Lift up to 75 lbs. of equipment and tools
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes criminal background check and drug testing
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency, including Outlook, Excel, Word