National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
A Structure Cabling Technician's job entails building the infrastructure of all telecom networks, such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and Cable TV (CATV). Must be able to install, troubleshoot, and maintain video and data cables and copper and fiber cabling infrastructure as per BICSI and NEC standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Install and splice copper and fiber optic cables, such as CAT5, SE, CAT6, Coax, low voltage cables, and fiber to include terminations to BICSI standards.
- Able to perform multi story wallfish, firebreak drilling, and core drilling.
- Able to identify best pathways when required and installation of Panduit/conduit.
- Mount telecom equipment while adhering to best practices, industry standards and manufacturer requirements.
- Aid in arranging routers, hubs, install support structures, including racks, ladders, j-hooks, and switches to best practices, industry standards, and manufacturer requirements.
- Install access control systems and surveillance cameras.
- Maintain all documents related to cabling infrastructure.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of installations as needed.
- Manage and maintain exact inventory for parts, tools, and supplies.
- Work to complete necessary tasks as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least three (3) years of full-time experience as an installer or service technician
- Required to have had experience in the commercial and residential service and installation of:
- security, CCTV, and access control systems
- Working knowledge of the ANSI, TIA, EIA & BICSI cabling standards and the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Certifications and training in access control, video and intrusion systems, preferred.
- Must have basic computer and math skills
- Must have basic hand tools. We will provide specialized tools
- Must be willing to participate in emergency on-call rotations.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to stay overnight in hotels 2-3 nights per week if needed (accommodations provided by company)
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work independently or as a team player.
- Valid driver's license needed.
- Requires completion of background and MVR checks.
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. Additional exposures include but not limited to include confine spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear. Able to lift 75Lbs and handle ladder in a safe manner. Work from varied lifts, scissor lifts, and ladders of all sizes.
This is a full time position and is eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and 401k.
Start Your Application