National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth.
The Construction safety manager is responsible for monitoring or overseeing construction sites working with cable/fiber build outs and making sure that workers within the environment adhere to government regulations/standards regarding safety.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management/leadership of all health and safety issues at one or more field jobsites.
- Preview projects and project sites for cable/fiber build outs before work begins to determine safety related risks.
- Ability to ensure safety protocols are established for working with electrical lines, etc.
- Visit active project sites to assess ongoing work conditions to ensure compliance.
- Work with project management teams and field workers to develop and implement solutions to safety related issues on project sites.
- Train company employees on safe work practices.
- Execution and auditing of safe work procedures.
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers and supervisors.
- Work with others to establish the direction for jobsite safety program/processes that will help reduce incidents and create a zero-injury safety culture.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, and Supervisors.
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in business management or equivalent experience in safety (EHS) management.
- 3-5 years of field site safety responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and company safety regulations.
- Experience conducting investigations and analyzing critical situations.
- Strong communications and leadership skills - the ability to communicate effectively both in the written and spoken word.
- Ability to listen - the ability to listen well and take in feedback from the employee perspective without passing judgment.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations pertaining to the specific trade or activity being managed.
- Good record keeping abilities - the Construction Safety Manager must be able to maintain good records of all safety related activities.
- Ability to access heights via ladders or scaffolding. A significant amount of construction work takes place at heights above ground level which require the Construction Safety Manager to be able to access the work to evaluate it.
- Knowledge of the specific skilled trade or type of work that the company does. This assists the Construction Safety Manager in being able to design and implement solutions for the company.
- OSHA 10- and 30-hour certification; OSHA OTI Certification; Trade specific safety certifications; and Leadership training and certifications preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
- Good physical condition
- Ability to travel
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other project sites in different states to assist with new project start up. Travel may be for up to a 14-day period.
This is a full time position and will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.Start Your Application