Department: Construction Division
Location: Chase City, VA, US.Start Your Application
Back To Listings
National OnDemand, Inc. is a communications and utilities infrastructure provider delivering service solutions to the Fiber, Wireless, Energy and Technology sectors in the United States. Headquartered in Burlington, North Carolina, the Company provides full turnkey infrastructure solutions - on demand, anywhere across its service footprint and has secured and sustained its current standing in the market through the successful completion of mergers and acquisitions, along with demonstrable, steady organic growth..
To prepare fiber sheaths, splice and test individual fibers and properly dress and secure fibers within fiber optic enclosures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operating bucket truck as well as other equipment related to aerial fiber construction
- Ability to proficiently prepare and splice all sizes of fiber sheaths in an aerial as well as underground environment
- Ability to properly use fusion splicers, OTDRs, optical power meters and all tools necessary for preparing and splicing fiber
- Ability to read and interpret fiber matrices
- Ability to update and maintain fiber matrices
- Ability to perform mid sheath fiber entries
- Understand and follow OSHA safety requirements to complete the job(s) safely and efficiently
- Communicate by phone frequently throughout the workday
- Follow direction(s) specifically delivered from crew leader
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- 1 to 2 years combination of technical training and/or experience
- Previous experience in a cable construction environment preferred
- Must be able to meet physical requirement of the position
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels. Employee may be subject to overnight travel for periods of up to two weeks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other project sites in different states to assist with new project start up. Travel may be for up to a 14-day period.
This is a full time position and will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance and 401k.
Start Your Application