Department: Construction Division
Location: Terre Haute, IN, US.Start Your Application
Back To Listings
National OnDemand, Inc. is a company dedicated to providing OnDemand services Nationally, Anytime, Anywhere! Through the completion of multiple mergers, acquisitions and organic growth the company is continuing to grow rapidly across the country. There are 6 primary divisions of the company: Fiber Services, Construction Services, Structured Cabling Services, Home Services, Business Services, and Emergency Services. The various divisions of the company allow National OnDemand to provide full turnkey solutions to all customers.
To construct strand infrastructure and lash fiber cables to strand.
Duties and responsibilities
- This is a working foreman position. The foreman is expected to safely lead the crew in executing the daily planned production.
- The foreman is responsible for ensuring that materials issuances, usage and reporting is consistent with company policies and practices.
- The foreman is responsible for ensuring that company tools and equipment is properly used, stored and maintained.
- Operating bucket truck as well as other equipment related to aerial fiber construction
- Understand how to proficiently set up the job (strand trailer, fiber trailer and caddies)
- Understand clearances from the other utilities, ground, road, highway, sidewalk and non-pedestrian areas
- Ability to set up jobs for most effective daily production
- Captures crew production each day and reports to supervisor
- Ensures that all work sites are safely set up and all work is executed safely
- Knowledge and ability to properly frame poles according to industry specifications
- Ability to lash/over-lash single and multiple cable bundles of fiber cables
- Ability to read and interpret network prints
- Ability to safely climb poles using gaffs or ladders
- Understand and follow OSHA safety requirements to complete the job(s) safely and efficiently
- Communicate by phone frequently throughout the work day
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- 1-2 years leadership experience
- 3-5 years overall experience in a construction environment
- Previous experience in a construction environment preferred
- Must be able to meet physical requirement of the position
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, if necessary
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass drug, background, DOT & MVR screenings
While performing duties, the employee will work primarily in the field. The employee may be required to work outdoors in all types of weather and may be exposed to dust, fluctuating temperatures, and periodic high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
The employee may be required to travel to other project sites in different states to assist with new project start up. Travel may be for up to a 14-day period.
This is a full time position and as such will be eligible for our comprehensive benefits that include paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.Start Your Application
What is an Aerial Lineman?
An aerial lineman is responsible for constructing strand infrastructure and securing fiber optic cables to it. Essentially, they’re the people climbing up utility poles up to twenty-five feet in the air and hanging cable bundles over them.